[Pythonmac-SIG] plistservices 3 is available

Sarwat Khan sarwat at sarwat.net
Sun Mar 27 05:48:32 CEST 2005

I've released plistservices v3 at http://sarwat.net/opensource/

The main feature it adds is that it indents the XML output as
CoreFoundation does. I think the only difference in the output is that
CF will put newlines at well-placed spots in the CFData objects, and I
didn't want to bother.

	=> This point is the end of the useful part of this message.

The reason why it took so long to do indenting was a matter of
principle. I was sick of the thought of doing yet another
XML/HTML-output chunk of code that passes a stupid indent param along
the recursion. At this point, it's been 2+ years since I've had to do
that, so it doesn't have the same sting anymore (I am noticing however,
that the more I think about the fact that I did it, the more it bugs
me). Also, I found myself not wanting to use plistservices for some
things because of the fugly XML it produced.

This is actually version 4. Version 3 has been sitting on my computers
since 2003, and apparently I forgot to release it. Back then I modified
it so it was a nice replacement for mx.DateTime in MySQLdb's times.py.
That was back when MySQLdb was at version 0.94; MySQLdb was then
assuming Python 2.2, which doesn't have the datetime module.

The fact that I didn't put newlines in CFData XML is starting to gnaw
at my brain. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, enjoy.

Sarwat.

{sarwat khan : http://sarwat.net}