[Pythonmac-SIG] SPE-OSX

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Wed Mar 30 17:44:28 CEST 2005

On Mar 30, 2005, at 6:05 AM, Kevin Walzer wrote:

> -I'm the maintainer of SPE-OSX. You can e-mail me with questions at the
> address above, although I'm also subscribed to the PythonMac list.

Hello, Kevin,

Thanks for responding to Lee and for maintaining the SPE OSX site. It
is nice to know you are interested and in action.

I have encountered a couple of issues you may be able to help with. I
have other questions, but it is too early in the morning for me to
think of them.

I have been exercising SPE-OSX version 0.7.2c with python 2.3 on MacOS
10.3.8. wxPython version 2.5.2.8 is installed.

I like the concept very much. The UML generation is a great feature.
The code block control is very nice. This product may give BBedit a run
for my choice for python work.

I have had a couple of problems. Perhaps you can get me going in the
right direction.

Getting started: I downloaded the archive, unpacked it and ran the
setup.py but it complained of finding another copy of SPE. So I just
ran the product using the bundle. Seems to work but...

1. Invoking wxGlade or XRC from the Tools menu does not work. Simply
nothing happens.

2. If I close all the open SPE windows, I cannot quit SPE. Please refer
to Example 1 below for the traceback displayed in the python window.
While SPE is still "responding" according to MacOS X, it does not react
to menu selections and I must force quit.

Thanks, in advance,

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com
On the phone at 619 444-9210

Example 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/markphillips/Documents/Software Biz/Development
Tools/Python/IDE's/WordTech
stuff/SPE-OSX/SPE-OSX.app/Contents/Resources/_spe/Menu.py", line 445,
in menu_exit
   File "//Library/Python/2.3/wx/_core.py", line 10548, in __getattr__
     raise PyDeadObjectError(self.attrStr % self._name)
wx._core.PyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the Bar object has been
deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.