[Pythonmac-SIG] wxPython/Tiger?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue May 3 13:58:27 CEST 2005

On 3-mei-2005, at 13:41, Charles Hartman wrote:

> On May 3, 2005, at 7:10 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>
>>  Upgrading wxPython on a Tiger box will be harder than
>> it was on Panther.
>
> Why?

This is only relevant when using Apple's version of Python. You'd
have to make sure that the new version of wx gets picked when you
import wx instead of the one shipped with Tiger. You'd also have to
do this without removing or replacing anything in /System, because a
software update can replace stuff there.

> Not that I've tried yet; the first thing I tried when Tiger was
> through making itself at home was firing up Python (yup: 2.4.1) and
> importing wx (yup: 2.5.4.1). And that combination should build --
> do I have this right yet? -- apps that will run in 10.4 and 10.3?

If you use a Python framework and extensions that were compiled on
Panther the resulting application should run on Panther and Tiger,
even if you build it in Tiger.

Ronald