[Pythonmac-SIG] MacOS 10.4: getxattr() etc. for Python?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed May 4 14:29:59 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Keller <wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de> writes:

[xattr & co]
> Dumb  question: How about integrating it "officially" in the Macpython
> distribution, so that all file objects on MacOS X.4 automatically have
> an xattr dict?

Are these functions in any way standard (eg. does FreeBSD have them?).
If so, they should probably be detected at configure time.

Another question is if empty xattr dicts should appear on platforms
with no support for them.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  MARVIN:  Do you want me to sit in a corner and rust, or just fall
           apart where I'm standing?