[Pythonmac-SIG] Adding missing modules in py2app

konrad.hinsen@laposte.net konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Wed May 4 14:41:40 CEST 2005

I noticed that py2app systematically leaves out some extension modules
when I build an application package.  I don't really blame it, as they
reside in a directory that is only added to sys.path when some other
module is imported, but I am looking for a way to tell py2app to
include them nevertheless.

At first I though the package option would do this, but after some
experimentation and an inspection of the examples, it seems that it
will only add Python packages (as it does with distutils in general).
ext_modules is not what I want either, the modules are already built
and installed, I just want them to be included.

Is there some other approach that I could try?

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France