[Pythonmac-SIG] building non-Framework Python 2.4.1 on Tiger

konrad.hinsen@laposte.net konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Wed May 4 17:29:08 CEST 2005

On May 4, 2005, at 17:15, Gary Poster wrote:

> Hi.  I found Bob Ippolito's TigerPython24Fix but that's only for a
> framework Python 2.4.1--I need to build a non-Framework Python 2.4.1
> from source.  I guess if I were zen-ful about Mac packages I'd be
> able to figure out the necessary changes from the download...but I'm
> not.  Could anyone help me know what I need to change?

You could get it from Fink, or at least take a look at the Fink info
file to see how they build it. However, I suppose that a straight build
from the Python sources will yield just what you want, it's probably
the Framework build that requires special action.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France