[Pythonmac-SIG] [PyOXIDE] Drop support for 10.2?

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Mon May 9 12:29:58 CEST 2005

Glenn Andreas wrote:

> So given that 10.4 is currently available, I'm considering dropping support for 10.2 from future versions of PyOXIDE.

Sounds fine to me. Most folk will be on 10.3/10.4 now so focus your resources where it'll do most good, in this case getting PyOXIDE to a polished, stable 1.0 state. It's reasonable to expect something mature and irreplaceable like Python.framework provide compatibility across several OS versions, but a plain text editor and shell scripts can always stand in for an IDE if push comes to shove. I think if you can manage to support one major OS/Python version behind the current release while still in development then you're doing pretty well.

HTH

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/