[Pythonmac-SIG] (no subject)

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon May 9 17:05:37 CEST 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 10:57 AM, konrad.hinsen at laposte.net wrote:

> On 5/4/05, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
>

>>> will only add Python packages (as it does with distutils in
>>> general).
>>> ext_modules is not what I want either, the modules are already built
>>> and installed, I just want them to be included.
>>>
>>> Is there some other approach that I could try?
>>>

>> Modify sys.path in your setup script.
>>

> Thanks, that does it! For the modules at least... because one module
> also depends on a dynamic library from /usr/local/lib that is not
> included. I don't know if it is supposed to be.

It should be, are you sure it's not?  If the module links to the
dylib, it will get picked up.. unless it's happening dynamically at
runtime (a la ctypes).  You might try setting os.environ
['DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH'] = '/usr/local/lib' in your setup
script, which might help if the module isn't linked correctly.

> Would it be sufficient to copy it to "Resources"?

No.  Libraries and frameworks need to live in the frameworks dir and
they need their Mach-O headers rewritten.  The frameworks option
might work... but it really should get picked up automatically.  If
it does not get picked up automatically there's something wrong with
the extension or py2app.. but I doubt it's py2app's fault.