[Pythonmac-SIG] Clean Tiger install and Python 2.4.1

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue May 10 19:24:49 CEST 2005

On May 10, 2005, at 9:25 AM, Lee Cullens wrote:

> Clean Tiger install and all other applications reinstalled.  All
> running well.
>
> Slowly getting there. So far I have the following up and haven't
> encountered a problem yet.
>     MacPython-OSX-2.4.1-1.dmg
>     TigerPython24Fix-r2.zip
>     TigerPython23Compat.pkg
>     RegexPlor-20050503-Tiger.zip
>
> Next steps - are the following appropriate?
>     wxPython-2.6unicode-py2.4-macosx10.3.zip    (assuming this will
> work on 10.4)
>     TclTkAquaBI-8.4.9.1.dmg

That wxPython package should work.

TclTkAqua isn't really necessary unless you start using some of the
"batteries included" of the package, since Tiger ships with (the
normal version of) TclTkAqua.  You'll know if you need it.

> Considering checking out GTK+ also and wondering if anyone else has
> this up on Tiger yet?  Any news on native port to OS X?

A native port for GTK+ isn't anywhere near close.  I wouldn't bother
with it unless you care more about Linux/win32 than you do about Mac
OS X.