[Pythonmac-SIG] wxversion disappeared?

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Thu May 19 15:51:05 CEST 2005

I must have screwed something up, but I can't retrace where. I'm
running 10.4.1. I've installed wxPython 2.6.0. But:

1. when (from Terminal) I run Python (I get the Python 2.4.1 I
installed from the framework distributable), and 'import wx' I still
get wxPython version 2.5.5.1.

2. if I try 'import wxversion' that module isn't found.

Obviously I've confused the paths, but I'm too confused myself to see
how.

(I also want the Tiger-distributed Python 2.3.5 to be able to call
wxPython 2.6 rather than the seriously hobbled 2.5.3.1, and I'm not
having much luck with that either.)

Charles Hartman