[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: Python Metadata Importer

Jonathan Wight jwight_lists at toxicsoftware.com
Thu May 19 19:39:30 CEST 2005

On May 19, 2005, at 13:32, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 19-mei-2005, at 17:49, Jonathan Wight wrote:
>

>> And again with long URLs fixed ;-)
>>
>> I released the code under the GPL
>>

> Why GPL?

Why not?

Suggest something different.

>> - with minor modifications to the
>> code I think anyone should be able to create Spotlight Importers
>> using python (without depending on PyObjC)...
>>

> Is that a challenge? You cannot create importers using PyObjC at
> the moment.

Not at all. But feel free to take it as challenge if you wish.
Pistols at dawn? ;-)

I chose not to use PyObjC because:

1: I started this before the PyObjC guys had officially released
PyObjC for 10.4

2: I'm not an expert in PyObjC.

3: I wasn't sure how to bundle PyObjC with the importer without
conflicting with PyObjC already on their machine (see #2)

4: It was pretty quick and easy even without PyObjC.

5: It was fun. ;-)

     Jon.