[Pythonmac-SIG] tiger

Lee Cullens lee_cullens at mac.com
Sat May 21 06:12:15 CEST 2005

Sorry to be so slow, but I thought one of the experts would reply and
then noticed none had (at least on list).

On May 20, 2005, at 11:36 AM, Jay Mutter wrote:

> I have performed a clean install of Tiger on an ibook and then
> installed the MacPython-OSX-2.4.1 framework build and the
> TigerPython24Fix.
> The MacPython-2.4 folder is in Applications and all included items
> work.
> What is a or the correct way to have python 2.4.1 run when I type
> python in terminal?

Even I can field this question.  For the Apple supplied Python one
uses the command "python," so for the Bob's MacPython one uses
"python2.4"

> Prior to installing 2.4.1 I installed one module {SnakeSQL} which
> worked/works fine under 2.3.5 and is located in
> /library/Python/2.3/site-packages.
> What is the proper way to get 2.4.1 to utilize this and to utilize
> wxPython?

I remember that question being answered just recently (at least in
part), so just a little digging in this list will unearth it and you
won't be hindered by my faulty memory.