[Pythonmac-SIG] Building Twisted

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon May 23 08:35:42 CEST 2005

On May 22, 2005, at 11:11 PM, Dethe Elza wrote:

> Has anyone installed twisted 2.0 on Tiger?
>
> I don't think I've ever had trouble building Twisted before, but now
> they've made it dependent on Zope Interfaces, which won't build for
> me.
> I'm running OS 10.4, Bob's Python 2.4, latest svn of PyObjC and
> py2app.  Here's the traceback I'm getting when I try to build Zope
> Interfaces 3.0.1:

Just install the zope.interfaces from http://pythonmac.org/packages/
-- unless you don't trust me, in which case, I don't care :)

It's a dumb bug in the z.i sources that gcc4 doesn't like.  It
probably compiles if you gcc_switch to 3.3.  I recall that someone
sent the z.i guys a patch, I don't know why they haven't made a 3.0.2
release yet.  Lazy, I guess :)

> Since when do either Zope or Twisted require binary components anyway?

Since Zope 3 and Twisted 2.