[Pythonmac-SIG] Run Python module directly from Terminal?

Lee Cullens lee_cullens at mac.com
Tue May 24 03:04:28 CEST 2005

I wanted to run a python module across a file and tried just double
clicking the script, which thanks to Bob's build (I guess) would have
worked fine if I had not used a .py file and had not had an arg.
Anyway it showed me enough to accomplish what I wanted.  I did not
want to create a standalone because I edit it for different (usually
one time) purposes and thus usually have only a .py file to start.

So, after changing the first item to python (instead of pythonw) and
including a third item for the arg, this worked:

=============================
Welcome to Darwin!
Chinook ~ 81 $"/usr/local/bin/python"  "/Users/Chinook/PythonProjects/
MyUtilities/ConvertFile.py" "/Users/Chinook/TestFiles/AtoB.txt" &&
echo Exit status: $? && exit 1

<process log output>

Exit status: 0
logout
[Process completed]

So what's my problem?  Well I know I could reduce the typing with
some aliasing in my .profile file,  but I'm wondering if there is not
a simpler/direct way of accomplishing a basic task such as this?

Thanks,
Lee C