[Pythonmac-SIG] donation

Lee Cullens lee_cullens at mac.com
Wed May 25 04:53:26 CEST 2005

All well and good Robert (and no disrespect intended) - but to me
they seem to be more interested in sending spam than alerting those
that do business with them.  The warnings I mentioned were heads-up
email followed by more detailed snail mail -  all in all much more
professional and I didn't have to go digging (and their
aggressiveness "seemed" to lessen the volume by decreasing the rewards).

Not a matter of size either, as one of the "more professional"
examples I noted likely has as many doing business with them as the
subject.  Some places take things more seriously than others.

Even so, I'm not trying to discourage others from using PayPal - just
noting why I will not.  When I was looking for a new Minolta Dimage I
found many sites where authentication icons were not even links
(which might be considered a giveaway :~).  So yes, one is personally
responsible for their own business dealings and what ever one
personally choses is their business.

I personally believe that the only way to even start to "clean"
things up is to demand more professional and ethical practices from
the businesses that one might do business with (I won't even get into
government).  My grandmother once said (c1945) "Only a fool pays
someone to pick their pocket."  That and my attitude in this matter
likely denote just how out-of-date I am, but such is my personal
choice (and I'll spare you my sermon on the cell-exchanging life
forms we are :~)

My best to all,
Lee C

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the
same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an
unhealthy state of things." —Winston Churchill.