[Pythonmac-SIG] Best way to install pysqlite on 2.4 / Tiger?

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Wed May 25 17:19:50 CEST 2005

On 5/24/05, Kenneth McDonald <kenneth.m.mcdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that Apple includes SQLite with Tiger. My question; what is the
> 'best' way to install pysqlite, with the python 2.4 upgrade, under
> Tiger. Specifically;
>
> - should I install a newer version of SQLite, or use the one Apple provides?
> - has anyone actually gotten pysqlite to work under Tiger?

I don't know what version of sqlite comes with Tiger (and typing
sqlite at the command line doesn't bring up anything). Personally, I'm
using the latest sqlite (alter table add column comes in handy now and
then ;)

I'm also running pysqlite 2.01. I didn't have any real trouble
building sqlite or pysqlite using fairly standard means (configure;
make and setup.py)

Kevin