[Pythonmac-SIG] Upgraded to 2.4 and can't make it work

Kent Quirk kquirk at solidworks.com
Thu May 26 17:03:01 CEST 2005

Thanks for the hint. This helped us a lot, but we don't quite have the
complete answer.

We were never linking to Python 2.3, but otool shows us that we have
references to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework in our extensions
(and in the embedded Python executable) rather than to
@executable_path/../Frameworks/Python.framework.

If we manually change all these references using:

 install_name_tool -change \
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Python \

@executable_path/../Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Python \
	myfilename.so

the program works.

So now the question is how do we convince py2app to do this for us?

I'm guessing it may have something to do with the way we build our
extensions, but I can't figure out how to convince XCode to brand them
properly.

	Kent