[Pythonmac-SIG] making a C extension compatible across OS versions?

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Thu May 26 23:17:10 CEST 2005

Bob wrote:

>>ImportError: Failure linking new module: /usr/lib/libmx.A.dylib: dyld: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python can't open library: /usr/lib/libmx.A.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
>>
>>Any ideas? (Source and binary are at <http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/osat.dmg.gz> if it's any help.)
>
>Well that error is solvable, but Tiger's python links extensions with a linker flag that Jaguar does not understand -- so, it's time to give up.

Not a big problem; don't supply Jaguar binaries as it is. More interested in Panther/Tiger portability. (I don't have a copy of Panther to test on myself.) Will extensions built on 10.4 work on 10.3, or will I have to create separate OS-specific binaries for those as well?

Thanks,

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/