[Pythonmac-SIG] PYTHONHOME on OS X

Lee Cullens lee_cullens at mac.com
Fri May 27 02:25:39 CEST 2005

Yep, right at the line break - sorry I didn't notice that (so I guess
you could say the client and user in this case :~)

Like others, I've been using tinyURLs on another list that has
excessively long message URL references, but as you and others have
pointed out they have longevity (?) issues.

On May 26, 2005, at 8:11 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> No, the URL was what I meant, but Mail.app has a tendency to inject
> extra spaces (show up as %20) into long URLs.  Another client may
> be less stupid about it.
>
> -bob
>
> On May 26, 2005, at 4:57 PM, Lee Cullens wrote:
>

>> Bob's URL didn't work for me, but I think he meant:
>> http://bob.pythonmac.org/archives/2005/02/06/
>>

>> On May 26, 2005, at 4:16 PM, Kenneth McDonald wrote:
>>

>>> According to my (slightly dated) Python In a Nutshell book, I can
>>> specify python search paths by putting them in a .python.pth file in
>>> the PYTHONHOME directory. However, my environment doesn't have a
>>> PYTHONHOM variable. Do I need to define it explicitly, or is there
>>> another location I can put the path file that will be automatically
>>> searched for it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ken