[Pythonmac-SIG] SetSystemUIMode in python?

Jacob Kaplan-Moss jacob at jacobian.org
Fri May 27 23:24:52 CEST 2005

Howdy --

I'm working on a kiosk app, and I'd like to use SetSystemUIMode and
friends (defined in MacApplication.h inside HIToolbox.framework).  As
far as I can tell, the HIToolbox framework isn't exposed in MacPython
anywhere, but I might be missing something.

Before I start figuring out how to wrap these functions myself, am I
right in thinking there's currently no way to get at them from
MacPython?

Also, if I do end up needing to write an extension to get at them,
can anyone suggest the best way to go about this?  Specifically, is
Pyrex a good tool to use for wrapping Carbon APIs like this? I've not
written an extension since I became aware of Pyrex...

Thanks,

Jacob