[Pythonmac-SIG] Apple's python extensions into Quartz2D

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue May 31 21:15:20 CEST 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> I disliked the implementation (undocumented, closed source SWIG bindings
> are largely unusable), so I wrote my own using Pyrex. I call it,
> unimaginatively, ABCGI, A Better CoreGraphics Interface. It is part of
> Kiva, Enthought's graphics library, and has served as "ground truth" for
> the other backends.
>
> When I get some time, I'll break it out as a separate package.

While we're on the topic, could Kiva be ripped out and used by itself?
It could be a pretty cool lib for things other than Chaco. Also, what's
the status of Chaco on Linux and OX-X? It looked so promising, but has
kind of disappeared off the radar.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov