[Pythonmac-SIG] book recommendation

David Reed dreedmac at columbus.rr.com
Tue Nov 15 02:42:30 CET 2005

I've an experienced Python programmer on Linux - I've mainly used gtk
and glade for interfaces and now I'm slowly trying to get started
with Cocoa apps on X-Code.

I've got the CurrencyConverter example working in Python and I did
the HelloWorld example in "The Mac XCode 2 Book" by Cohen and Cohen
in Objective C. I got the Python version working  by guessing that I
needed to use:

self.helloSayer.setStringValue_("Hello world")

based on the CurrencyConverter example that did: setFloatValue_

That was pretty obvious, but I think I need a Cocoa book that allows
me to see what all the methods are for a given object. I've just
started the above mentioned XCode 2 book, but it doesn't appear to
have the details of all the Cocoa objects.

Does anyone have a recommendation for another book I should get - I
assume I want a Cocoa book of some sort.

Thanks,
Dave