[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and PIL question

Chris Jerdonek jerdonek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:24:29 CET 2005

I have a python program that uses some commands from the PIL module
(and also wxPython).

I have PIL installed on my Mac, and the python program works fine when
I run the program from the command line.  The application I get from
py2app also works fine -- until I get to a point in the program that
requires PIL.

Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this error message?

I can see the ImageFont.pyc in a subdirectory of the build directory
that py2app created.

Thanks for any help anybody can provide,
Chris

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/Users/chris/Desktop/ER/StoveTop/Old/dist/stovetop.app/Contents/
Resources/Python/stovetop.py", line 205, in Click
     item.Activate(frame, event)
   File "reports.pyc", line 326, in GenerateReport
   File "reports.pyc", line 154, in makePie
   File "graph.pyc", line 202, in __init__
   File "PIL/ImageFont.pyc", line 202, in truetype
   File "PIL/ImageFont.pyc", line 121, in __init__
IOError: cannot open resource