[Pythonmac-SIG] xcode/pyobjc

David Reed dreedmac at columbus.rr.com
Thu Nov 17 16:56:12 CET 2005

I'm getting ready to attempt my first real Cocoa app. I notice XCode
has an option for creating pyobjc apps (when it asks you what type of
app you want to create). I tried this but am not certain I'm using it
correctly - build and go is not active. I did go into the directory
and type "python setup.py py2app" and .app in the build directory
seemed to open ok.

Is the preferred way to create the Cocoa pyobjc app directly using
XCode (if so, any ideas on why build and go isn't active for me) or
is the best way to follow the tutorial example where you just create
a normal Cocoa Objective-C app, design the interface, and then run
nibclassbuilder and create the setup.py file by hand?

Thanks,
Dave