[Pythonmac-SIG] Preferred IDE

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Mon Nov 28 19:04:01 CET 2005

WingIDE is a good tabbed editor, and its debugger is really first-
rate. It's cross-platform. It isn't free, but it isn't exorbitant.
(It *is* free for Open Source use; check out their licensing.) The
*only* disadvantage, from my point of view, is that on OSX it runs
under X11; but that's a fairly minor annoyance. (It's got a Mac-
compatability-interface mode that works pretty well to help you
ignore the X11 undergirding.)

A few months ago, at least, when I was last developing with Python on
Mac, it was the only full-featured IDE (including debugging) that I
could find that worked consistently and well.

Charles Hartman