[Pythonmac-SIG] appscript and quicktime

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Fri Oct 7 21:27:18 CEST 2005

Frank Hoffsümmer wrote:

>the help functions didnt all work for me, and I completely missed htmldoc.py, so I was flying blind....
>e.g. quicktime.can_export.help() results in errors for me (using apples tiger pythonw)

That's a bug in appscript 0.12.1; fixed in newer versions, though you'd need to build from source as there isn't a binary installer currently available for the latest release.

htmldoc's best for generating reference docs; easiest thing's just to use HTMLDictionary to churn out HTML files for everything into a folder. help()'s mainly useful for viewing stuff like inheritance and relationship trees, which the HTML doc doesn't show, and for seeing all properties and elements of a particular class at a glance rather than figuring them out yourself; it can also snoop application objects' current state if you find that sort of thing handy.

HTH

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/