[Pythonmac-SIG] How to install MacPython-OS9 2.3.3 on MacOS 8.6?

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sun Oct 9 21:41:28 CEST 2005

I'm using Python 2.3 on FC3, and I'd like to also use it on MacOS 8.6.
Before I get too involved, it seems that I should ask this list how to get
MacPython-OS9 2.3.3 to work.
<http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/macpython-older.html> says:

>Despite earlier statements that MacPython-OS9 2.3 would run on MacOS 8.6
>this is not the case, at least not completely, and not without some
>surgery. Contact the mailing list if you are desparate to get this working.

So, would someone please tell me how to do it?  And what the limitations are?