[Pythonmac-SIG] Still hitting ImportError when trying to open app made with py2app

Terry Jones tcj25 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 14 20:25:34 CEST 2005

| > I went back to the INSTALL file for Mac Qt, and noticed that they
| > recommend
| >
| >     ln -sf $QTDIR/lib/libqt.3.dylib /usr/lib
| >     ln -sf $QTDIR/lib/libqui.1.dylib /usr/lib
|
| That's bad!  Don't do that, remove those links.  /usr/local/lib would
| be a lot better.  That will not build a redistributable application,
| py2app correctly assumes everything in system locations is a system
| component, so will not be included in any app created with the tool.

I'll take your word for it (and I have moved the links to /usr/local/lib),
but those libs did seem to get picked up by py2app when in /usr/lib. I
didn't look closely at the output, but I saw that they got copied and
stripped.

| > Is this a known problem?
|
| Qt is a known problem :)

Argh... I guess I'll try to live with it. There seems to be a nice
cross-platform combination of Python, Qt, PyOpenGL and Pivy (coin / open
inventor) that I've been hoping will all play together nicely. I don't see
an alternative, without backing off to C++, which I don't much fancy (C++
being another known problem :-))

Thanks again,
Terry