[Pythonmac-SIG] packagemanager for Tiger

Jack Nutting jnutting at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 22:36:42 CEST 2005

On 10/20/05, thor <thorthor at altern.org> wrote:
> I need to install Pygame and PyOpenGL on Tiger. I used to use the
> PackageManager
> from MacPython to install all the dependencies but when I went to
> check MacPython
> now, there is no installer for Tiger. Can I just use the Panther
> installer safely then?
>
> Or is there a newer/better version of MacPython and packagemanager
> that I could
> use. I saw info on PackMan on the wiki, but the link was dead.

You could probably run the Panther version of packagemanager, but
you'll hit another problem:  AFAIK, no one is updating the package
lists anymore, so at best you'll only get old versions of software,
and at worst you'll get nothing (if the data is pointing at
formerly-correct but now-dead URLs).

Your best bet is to first of all get the packages you can from Bob's
site (http://pythonmac.org/packages/), and get used to using the
command-line to install anything else you need.

--
// jack
// http://www.nuthole.com