[Pythonmac-SIG] get reference

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Wed Oct 26 23:51:04 CEST 2005

Zhi Peng wrote:

>But Corresponding MacPython code does not work well
>where I used appscript 1.1 (3.7 MB). Should I use
>other version of Appscript?

Probably would be a good idea. If you're on Panther you'll need to build it from scratch, I'm afraid, though I can supply binaries for Jaguar and Tiger. (I should have a copy of Panther next month.)

>Following is the information I used debug.
>

>(Pdb) n
>CommandError:
>appscript.CommandError(app(u'/Applications/Adobe
>InDesign CS2/Adobe InDesign
>CS2.app').documents[1...ext_frames[1].contents.set,
>(('set the frame',), {}), <exceptions.TypeError
>instance at 0x13fd0d0>)

Wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about the TypeError within that CommandError, if you could get its string representation instead; e.g.:

	try:
		cs.documents[1].pages[1].text_frames[1].contents.set("set the frame")
	except Exception, e:
		print str(e)

Thanks,

has