[Pythonmac-SIG] Python based apps woes on MacOs X (was :Re: [Pythoncard-users] Re: PythonCard on OS X 10.4 with Python 2.4.1)

catonano@inwind.it catonano at inwind.it
Sat Sep 3 09:26:49 CEST 2005

> >There's a current thread about this in the PythonCard-users group,
> >under the non-clear subject name:
> >
> >        Re: update (was: Re: [Pythoncard-users] supposed bug in
> >PythonCard)
> >

> >Yes I originated the thread. I found a bug in Pythoncard with python 2.4.1 and wxPython 2.6.1.0 and
> >PythonCard 0.8.1
> >
> >It's not "supposed". It's a quite clearly a bug.
> >

> Adriano -
> the only reason the subject line says "supposed bug ..." is because
> that's the subject line you chose for your initial posting to the
> Pythoncard list on this topic :-)

Yes, Alex, you're right. It was a supposed bug when I opened the thread, so the subject line was quite good at the moment.

Later it became a bit obscure ;-)

> Something appears to have changed wrt the path that Python's sys.modules
> reports for imported files.

>As far as I know, no-one has yet verified
> for sure whether it is a Python bug or merely a platform-specific change
> that Pythoncard will need to adjust for. (Nor do I know how we'll be
> able to adjust - but I'm hoping that some of the PythonCard / Mac users
> are investigating ....)

That python user could be me !

Alex, would you discuss a bit more about this Python issue ?

sys.modules reportings about the imported files has changed ?
Since when ?

Does this affect the Apple installed python or the "third parties" ones ?

Thanks!
Bye
Adriano