[Pythonmac-SIG] bad magic

Scott Frankel leknarf at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 15 23:07:45 CEST 2005

I am just now, finally, able to upgrade osx & python to latest release
versions: 10.4.2 & 2.4.1, respectively).  I've had half an eye on the
traffic on this list, so installation went well.  2.4.1 is humming
smoothly.

I'm running into the following error, though, when my scripts import my
own .pyc files.

	Bad magic number in <my_importable.pyc>

These modules were originally written in, and compiled with, python
v2.3.

After installing python2.4.1, I also installed TigerPython24Fix and
TigerPython23Compat.  Do I need to recompile all my modules now?

Thanks in advance!
Scott