[Pythonmac-SIG] troubles with distutils

andrea valle andrea.valle at unito.it
Sun Sep 18 14:57:31 CEST 2005

(Thanks for your help)

> Are you sure you're getting active Python with "python" at the command
> line?

Yes
2.4 is only active state.
I will try your suggestions.

In any case, I tested with python2.3 (macpython)

apples-Computer:~ apple$ python2.3
/Users/apple/Desktop/PyRTF-0.45/setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
error: package directory './PyRTF' does not exist

the same with:
apples-Computer:~ apple$ python2.3
/Users/apple/Desktop/PyX-0.8.1/setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
error: package directory 'pyx' does not exist

There's no more errors of mismatching but there's another one (which
seems to be systematic too).
Can anyone tell me how to solve this? Should I place installation
folder in specific places, I left thoem on desktop?

-a-

Andrea Valle
Laboratorio multimediale "G. Quazza"
Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione