[Pythonmac-SIG] XCode autoindenting?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon Sep 19 19:29:19 CEST 2005

On 19-sep-2005, at 19:25, Jeffrey E. Forcier wrote:

> Is it just me, or does XCode (any version; using 2.1) not properly
> autoindent Python? There's a section under Preferences dealing with
> autoindents, but no matter what I try, I can't get it to display your
> typical Python autoindent behavior (e.g. automatically indent upon
> pressing Enter after a colon). Am I missing something or is XCode
> still lacking this feature, despite having good Python support
> otherwise?

What good Python support? AFAIK Python support in Xcode is limited to
syntax coloring.

I'd like to see good Python support (not only autoindent but also
support for Python debugging), but I don't think that'll happen
unless lots of python programmers start filing feature requests for
this in Apple's bugreporter.

Ronald