[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.4.3 Python Universal Binary Pystone Comparison

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Apr 7 15:33:26 CEST 2006

On Friday, April 07, 2006, at 09:09AM, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:

>On Friday, April 07, 2006, at 08:10AM, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
>
>> It really has nothing to do with Xcode (or even GCC).  This is all autoconf, but I'm pretty sure it was just that Ronald had an OPT
>> environment variable set when he built it because I can't reproduce.
>
>See Mac/OSX/Dist/build-installer.py. That indeed sets OPT to ensure that universal binary version libraries for bsddb and readline get picked up by the build process. I can rebuild the installer, but that will likely not happen until sometime next week due to lack of time.

I found some time to fire up the compiler. There's a new build of the 2.4.3 installer on my iDisk. If that works correctly I'll ask someone to replace the DMG on python.org.  Please test if this fixes the speed issues and works in general, I haven't done any testing. The only thing changes w.r.t. the 2.4.3 DMG on python.org is the addition of -O3 to the compile flags.

Ronald