[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Jacob Rus jrus at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 18 12:01:06 CEST 2006

Hi all,

has wrote:
 > Indeed. The Python logo is just a badge to be applied to the larger
 > graphic(s)as necessary, in this case a family of four(?) OS X icons
 > representing an interactive Python editor (IDLE), .py document file,
 > .pyc/.pyo document file, and drag-n-drop script runner. The visual
 > language for representing text-based editors and document files on OS
 > X is extremely well established (e.g. compare Script Editor.app and
 > .scpt documents), and there's probably a fair bit of precedence for
 > the script runner too. So there's no reason that all of this shouldn't
 > be regarded as a wholly solved problem.

If someone comes up with a finished "badge" (or even a good explanation
of what this should be, as long as it's not overly complex), I can make
py/pyc document icons.  I have the Photoshop template for it, having
just made several dozen TextMate document icons (included in version 1.5.1).

What should a drag-n-drop script runner look like?  I'm willing to do
that too, if it's a simple enough job.

 > All it needs is somebody with some decent Photoshop compositing skills
 > (and maybe a nice 3D drawing of a technical pencil) to assemble the
 > finished elements.

Let me know what the "finished elements" are, and I'm glad to assemble
them.  It hopefully shouldn't take more than an hour or two at most.

-Jacob