[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac Python is DEAD

Advertising Department advertising at robbstucky.net
Tue Apr 18 22:59:27 CEST 2006

(I'm totally confused about the nine versions of python for Mac OS X,
the defunct or just not updated for 2 years MacPython pages, the
current state of the macintosh specific library modules, etc.)

To give my 2 cents...
It doesn't really matter about a logo, icon, or universal build. If
there is no recent info on the OFFICIAL python.org linked web pages,
most new users will think it's become defunct, and look no further.
NEWS

April 2, 2004 MacPython 2.3.3 for Jaguar and MacPython-OS9 2.3.3 have
finally been released.

And on April 18, 2006, having no other information, we must assume in
the last two years it's become totally stale, defunct and forgotten.
Too bad. I guess I'll have to mess around with Java or Ruby.

Doing a Google search produces way too much antique information for a
newbie to sort thru, and just re-inforces the implication that python
on Mac is dead.

COME ON GUYS, get something up on the web page. ANYTHING!!! Point us
to this list and tell us you've been too busy to mess around with
newbie info. De-link Jack's pages from the Main page, and put up a
list of current resources.

ANYTHING that shows current activity!!