[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac Python is DEAD

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Apr 19 01:05:19 CEST 2006

Advertising Department,

In my opinion, the problem is the term "MacPython".  Python is Python,
period, and we should just call it that, even if it's running on the
Mac platform.  Perhaps this was different in the pre-OSX days, but not
now.

I'd be happy to go though all the pages on python.org and stamp out
references to "MacPython".

But the NEWS section of python.org is totally disfunctional.  Months
go by without anyone bothering to add anything to it; I think the
trouble is that no one knows what the "add" procedure is.

Bill