[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app = newbie path confusion

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Wed Apr 19 07:38:20 CEST 2006

On Apr 18, 2006, at 22:05, Jim Tittsler wrote:

>> BICUBIC = 3  ###Image module broke? so define it's constant here
> BICUBIC = Image.BICUBIC
>
> (And it's "its."  :-)  But you should find out why your PIL is broken.

Hey, I am  taking a break an a little so I'll 'nit pick' English:

It isn't actually clear (to me) whether he's wrong or not: he could
mean the contraction 'it is' as in 'so define [that] it is constant
here' as opposed to the possessive "define it's constant" . If the
former, his usage was correct, if the latter your correction was
warranted. Just pointing out that the use is ambiguous to someone who
has no idea whether this is Bicubic interpolation or B-splines or
whatever.  I'll settle down and go away now that I've had my fun--
been that kind of day. I'll bet you _are_ right though ;-)