[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app = newbie path confusion

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Wed Apr 19 17:24:53 CEST 2006

I think one frequent reason people fall back on 'from xxx import *'
is simply that typing the whole module name over and over gets
tedious and makes the code sprawl. I find 'import xxx as yyy' very
useful for this, since it can give you a nice short alias, still
readable if you're careful about naming, to sprinkle through the code.

Charles Hartman