[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app = newbie path confusion

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 19 18:58:58 CEST 2006

corporate user wrote:
> I made the assumption that since py2app automagically created an
> Apple application without my having to know anything about a bundle
> or its structure, that it would also create path emulation as well.

I'm not sure that's your problem. I think your problem is really with
the concept of a "working directory" when you start a python script from
the command line, the working directory is the one that you're in when
you start it up. When you double click and App, who knows what it is?
(I'm sure it's defined, but I wouldn't ever count on it being useful,
and it's definably not the same across platforms). So you need to either
use full paths everywhere, or set the working directory yourself. I'd do
the former.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov