[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac Python is DEAD

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Apr 19 22:22:04 CEST 2006

On 19-apr-2006, at 22:06, Bill Janssen wrote:

>> It is annoying that www.python.org/download/mac doesn't mention the
>> universal installer. Could someone please fix that?
>
> Will do.  Should this replace the dual-installer procedure that's
> mentioned there?  For both 10.3 and 10.4?

The universal installer can be used for OSX 10.3.9 and later. There is
no current installer for earlier releases of the OS.

I haven't checked yet if the universal installer on python.org is still
the original one without optimization or if it got replaced by the
newer one.
I've removed the latter from my iDisk because I ran out of the
bandwidth allotment
for my site :-(.

Ronald