[Pythonmac-SIG] Someone had PIL trouble on i386 10.4.6 Python 2.4 IIRC--I succeeded this evening

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Wed Apr 19 22:27:45 CEST 2006

On Apr 19, 2006, at 13:04, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> I'll post the script I'm using to build universal packages this
> weekend.
> I have recipes for the software I'm using and several other. That
> includes
> PIL (including jpeg, tif and freetype support).
I'll put mine on my iDisk and send you a link. I'd like to see your
scripts since I did it by hand and recorded it with bash typescript--
to later script it using sed for the text editing. I have a Macbook
Pro and PPC will be happy to test things.

> It is actually not very hard to build univeral libraries for most
> software.
Yeah, if *I* can do it it cannot be too arcane ;-)

> I'd really prefer to ship addon packages as standalone eggs.
Agreed

Daniel