[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Thu Apr 20 11:50:14 CEST 2006

Jacob Rus wrote:

>>In fact, I think the ones-and-zeros background without any words might work just fine.
>
>Easy enough: http://hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/python/pyc-icon-variations.png
>
>Which do you prefer?

Ones-and-zeros only, I say. The only other thing that'd make sense is 'BYTECODE', but that's too long to fit and is probably overstating the case anyway.

With the large icon it's clear that the file contains 'machine data', and with the smaller ones it gives them a dulled down look that distinguishes them from the brighter 'script' icons. The only other thing would be to see how they look applied to a folderful of py and pyc files; hopefully the brighter py icons are the ones that attract the eye more, since those are the ones we want users to be most interested in.

HTH

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/