[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Jacob Rus jrus at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Apr 22 00:49:21 CEST 2006

has wrote:
> The pen on the IDLE icon could use some subtle tweaking as it's
> looking a bit flat, grey and lifeless, and a tad long and thin too...
>
> I've attached a rough version to give an idea. I might've taken
> slightly too much off the barrel, and I've lost some highlights. It
> was quick-n-dirty and I didn't have my tablet to hand, so don't
> take it as gospel truth; you'll have to fine-tune your own version
> yourself. :)

I just grabbed the pencil off the internet, shortened it, and stuck
it on.  I should probably change the perspective, and make the
changes you suggest.  Maybe a different pencil would be a better
model.  I'll give it another shot, though other submissions would be
great. :)

> The only icon that isn't working yet is the generic icon: the
> snakes and the pencil/brush/ruler are both battling to be center of
> attention - the eye keeps bouncing uncomfortably back and forward
> between the two - and the icon as a whole is a bit similar to the
> IDLE icon.

I agree.

> One thing you might try is making the snakes appear like those on
> the .dmg - lighter greyscale, perhaps without the glass effect - so
> the overall look is closer to the Mac's standard generic
> application icon and the original "A" is clearly dominant, but
> still with an indication of its Pythonness.

Alright, how is this: