[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat Apr 22 14:38:12 CEST 2006

On 21-apr-2006, at 16:14, Jacob Rus wrote:

> Zachery Bir wrote:
>> glenn andreas wrote:
>>> A shaded egg with a python logo decal seems good...
>>
>> +1
>
> How's this then:
>
> http://hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/python/prettified-py-icons.png

These icons look great many thanks to you and anyone else on the list
that was involved with their creation.

What's the difference between generic application.app and applet.app?
I wouldn't make a distintion between applets (what buildapplet
builds) and applications (what py2app builds) and prefer the generic
application icon for both of them.

The only thing that seems to be missing is an icon for 'Build Applet'.

Now that we're almost there it is time to be annoying ;-). Are you
willing to donate these icons to the PSF (Python Software
Foundation), are at least write down the terms in which these icons
may be used?  I've sent a message to python-dev to ask what is needed
to get new icons included into the python distribution.

Ronald