[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Brendan Simons brendansimons at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 22 22:16:27 CEST 2006

On 22-Apr-06, at 4:59 AM, pythonmac-sig-request at python.org wrote:

> Date: April 21, 2006 11:00:22 PM EDT (CA)
> To: pythonmac-sig at python.org
> Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup
>

> Jacob Rus wrote:
>> How's this then:
>> http://hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/python/prettified-py-icons.png
>
> Alright, 2 or 3 of the icons have since been updated, and that
> picture is new and improved.  Are there any more suggested tweaks,
> or are the icons done so far ready to sail?  Specifically, what do
> people think of the "generic application" icon as a default for
> apps created by py2app/py2applet?  Also, is the pencil for the
> IDLE.app icon now okay, or can it still use work?
>
> The icons still needing to be done are one for py2applet, and one
> for BuildApplet.app.  I'm thinking both of these can be stuffit-
> esque grinders, or similar, one with the "applet" icon coming out
> the bottom, and the other with the "generic app" icon coming out
> the bottom, and with python scripts going in the top.
>
> -Jacob

I like what you did with the idle pen, egg shadow,  and generic app
icons Jacob.  Thanks again.

For the build applet, if the grider icon doesn't work, what about the
generic app icon self assembling from bits.  Like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28928816@N00/133016352/

Brendan
--
Brendan Simons