[Pythonmac-SIG] Compiling Numeric for OSX-intel

Jeremy Gore jmgore75 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 01:28:39 CEST 2006

I use the old Numeric package quite a bit (numpy is just not ready
for primetime) and stupid me, I didn't check if it was available
before I installed the Universal binary package for python 2.4.3.
Rather than moving backwards, I'd like to try getting it to compile.
However, I can't seem to find the cvs/svn with the most recent
configuration files.  Where are those?

I'd also like to install numarray, numpy, and scipy.  (numpy won't
compile due to "can't locate file for : -lcc_dynamic"; this was also
a problem for the sources of numarray and Numeric)

I'm running a MacBookPro with 10.4.6.