[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Brendan Simons brendansimons at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 25 15:15:15 CEST 2006

Oh,

I thought that's what the Python Launcher did.  A
bouncing rocket in the dock is a pretty good cue that
Python is launching something.  So I'm +1 on using the
current Python Launcher icon

If not that then (is the launcher actually used
otherwise?) I'm +0 on just the glassy logo.

Brendan
--
Brendan Simons

On 25-Apr-06, at 5:33 AM,
pythonmac-sig-request at python.org wrote:

>From: has <hengist.podd at virgin.net>
>Date: April 25, 2006 4:45:46 AM EDT (CA)
>To: pythonmac-sig at python.org
>Cc: jrus at fas.harvard.edu
>Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon
mockup

>One last thing: looking at the shiny new icon set I
realised there >wasn't a specific icon done for
Python.app, which gets launched >whenever Python needs
a Window Manager connection. (Can't >imagine who
forgot to put that on the list...)

>However, with both BB and py2app using the same icons
the 'applet' >icon is essentially going spare, and I
think it'd be an ideal choice for >Python.app: clean,
simple, app-ish looking, and a nice big highly
>visible snake logo that'll show up well in the Dock.
(Plus it avoids >having to do any additional
artwork.:) Alternatively, just the snakes >by
themselves would do the trick.