[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Brendan Simons brendansimons at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 25 19:09:19 CEST 2006

OK, I obviously need to learn a little about the
launch sequence of mac python files.  Here's what I've
discovered:

1) Double clicking a terminal-based python script from
finder launches PythonLauncher (soon to be a rocket
icon), then the terminal.

2) Running a wx.python script from TextWrangler using
#!/usr/bin/pythonw skips PythonLauncher, and leaves a
"Python" icon (just the 16 ton weight) in the dock
until I quit the wx.app.  Is this the "Python.app"
from the framework?

3) Double clicking a wx.python script from finder
launches PythonLauncher, then leaves the "Python" icon
in the dock as before

4) Dragging the wx.python script onto buildapplet
makes an application with the blank app icon.  Double
clicking this icon puts a -third- style of icon in the
dock (a 16 ton weight on a panel) with the same name
as my app.

OK, so given this behaviour, I retract my earlier
reccomendation.  If the "Python.app" icon will be
staying in the dock while the app runs (cases 2, 3),
I'm -1 on the rocket, and +1 on the "applet" icon
we're not using yet.

As for case 4, shouldn't the dock icon match the app
icon?

  Brendan
--
Brendan Simons